March 19 represents an important day in U.S. history. On March 19, 1918, the U.S. established time zones (NPR). This agreement represented a step forward in technology and human coordination impacting trains, shipping, and business operations for the better.
As the insurance industry faces a new set of challenges including changing demographics, growing cyber and climate risks, and transforming digital ecosystems, working together is now essential. Answers to burning challenges can no longer be found within your four walls and the answers demand collaboration across the value chain.
To help you face the future ahead, we are bringing together carriers, brokers, InsurTechs, and investors to New York City on March 19th. Here are some highlights:
– Unicorns abound: hear from the author of The Making of Lemonade, Ty Sagalow and the head of marketing at Hippo, Andrea Collins
– Innovation + Creditworthiness = New Rating: listen to a Ted Style talk from Maura McGuigan, director of credit rating criteria, on the way innovation is impacting rating
– The top 10%: watch the top 10 percent InsurTech startups pitch and demo their new platforms and technologies
– Masters of intrapreneurial insurance: find out how Iptiq by SwissRe, Traverse by Travelers, and Spire from Nationwide came into existence
– Hot topics addressed: learn about selling insurance to millennials, the race to 10 mins to quote & bind, new business models in the gig economy, emerging technologies, and updating your core system
Take action and be part of the new standard of insurance collaboration.
Register for the InsurTech NY Annual Conference.
Don’t wait, as price goes up by 40% next week on March 2nd.
Spotlight from NY Dept of Financial Services (Project Whitehall)
Are you an InsurTech founder/leader looking for answers to regulatory questions in the NY state? If so, look no further. NY DFS is launching a new pilot program that will allow InsurTech founders to seek guidance on NY state regulatory questions. NY DFS is mainly looking to support InsurTechs focused on consumer and small business markets, particularly those left out or underserved by traditional options. Learn more at DFS Project Whitehall
Spencer Foundation Day
The Board of Directors of the Spencer Educational Foundation has pronounced Feb 24th as Spencer Day. The purpose of Spencer Day is to showcase Spencer scholarship recipients, the companies who hire them, and the myriad ways that Spencer supports industry education. Learn more at Spencer Day.
Upcoming NY Area Events
Spring 2020 Conference: Transforming the Buying Experience (Prices go up 3/2)
Mar 19 | 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM | NYC
– Featuring 40+ speakers, 7 panels, 6 TED-style talks
– Pitch & demo competition featuring top 20 InsurTech startups
Transforming Transatlantic Insurance: Pre-Conference Seminar
Mar 18 | 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM | 50 United Nations Plaza (Midtown)
– Speakers from: UK Treasury, Boost Insurance, Lloyds, and Beazley
– Audience limited to 75 seniors execs and founders in the US and UK markets
InsurTech NY Sponsors
Thank you to our sponsors for making this conference possible: Eversheds Sutherland, clariondoor, EY, Two Sigma IQ, Guidewire, Locke Lord, e2value, McCarter & English, Rippling, AKUR8, Vlocity, Vpay
InsurTech New York Area Deals and Opportunities
A curated mix of Feb insurance financings, exits, partnerships, and opportunities in the New York area.
Inshur (News): Inshur partnered with Drivers Benefits to provide rideshare drivers with eye exams, access to telemedicine, and safety and wellness classes
Blackboard Insurance (News): Blackboard Insurance announced the approval of its commercial insurance in Virginia, bringing it to a total of 47 states
Timezone Story from Above (NPR Planet Money Podcast): www.npr.org/2019/06/07/730727038/episode-918-the-day-of-two-noons