The competition had two tracks and awarded $300,000 in prizes to the winning teams. Startups in the early-stage track competed for the title of the most investable startup. Meanwhile, the growth-stage teams competed to demonstrate the highest yearly growth potential. Top teams pitched their business or demonstrated their platform at the InsurTechNY’s Spring 2020 Conference in New York City on March 19th.
Congratulations to the winners of InsurTech NY’s 2020 Competition!
Early Stage: 1) Agilius 2) Protosure 3) Sigo
Growth Stage: 1) Matterport 2) Devd Happy & Weathercheck
Finalists from the InsurTech competition pitched at the conference. Please congratulate all of the awesome InsurTechs who made the finals!
Early Stage: JAUNTIN’, Sigo, Micruity, Atidot, Agilius, WOOP!, Protosure, Adapt Ready, Saive and Kiwi Insure.
Growth Stage: Zelros, WeatherCheck, Planck, DeadHappy, Pharm3r, Matterport, INSHUR, Wenalyze, EasySend and QuickInsured
The Original Competition Details
Submit your application between January 7th and February 7th, 2020. We are accepting only 100 applicants for each competition, so apply early.
Early-Stage: Go to F6S application page here.
Growth-Stage: Go to F6S application page here.
There will be 2 stages of selection from Feb 7th to March 19th
- Finalists (February): Judges will select top 10 startups from each competition based on submitted applications and any additional requested information
- Winners (March 19): Top 10 early-stage startups will present their investor pitch to InsurTech investor judging panel. Top 10 growth-stage startups will present a product and sales demo to Carrier and Broker executives. The presentations must be made in-person at InsurTechNY Spring 2020 Conference in New York on March 19th.
Early-Stage: Exhibit the most invest-able characteristics by product, market, and team.
Growth-Stage: Demonstrate the greatest percent revenue growth potential for 2020 to 2021.
We are bringing together an expert line up of insurance investors and carrier / broker leaders. This page will be continuously updated with new judges.
Who Should Apply?
If you are a founder of a startup that provides innovative solutions to problems in the insurance industry, then you are eligible to apply. This usually means that your startup either helps solve existing problems of the incumbent insurance carrier or broker or are solving the problem by going to customers directly via new insurance carrier or broker.
Note which competition you should apply to depending on your annual run-rate per below:
Early-Stage: Startups with less than or equal to $500,000 USD in annual run-rate.
Growth-Stage: Startups with more than $500,000 USD in annual run-rate.
The InsurTech Startup 2020 Competition was created to spotlight InsurTech startups with the potential to change the industry. We have gathered together the top investors, insurance carriers, and service providers to provide prizes and participate in judging. Here’s how you benefit:
- Showcase your startup in front of 25+ early-stage investors focused on InsurTech.
- Present to 10+ Angel groups and 15+ VCs + CVCs
- Win prizes
- Jump Start your business development with exposure to 20+ carrier and broker buyers.
- Demo your platform to 200+ insurance influencers
- Have your product reviewed by 10+ Carrier and Broker executives
- Win prizes
We have meticulously put together a set of over $300,000 in prizes, which will be distributed across the top 3 winners from each competition (i.e. Early-Stage, Growth-Stage). These prizes are a combination of convertible notes, products, and services that growing InsurTechs need. (See Prize Awarded By section for details on the actual Prize)
First Prize: $100,000 in Prize Value
Second Prize: $40,000 in Prize Value
Third Prize: $10,000 in Prize Value
Prizes Awarded By
We are continuously updating our prize providers and they are subject to change.
- Livegenic: Application Development
- Startup Owl: Product, Growth-Hacking and Financing strategy
- RCI: Technology Implementation
- Horton International: Executive Search
- Stanton PR: Public Relations Strategy
- CH&Co: Business Startup Integration
- Integrity ACLM: Employee Search
- Pro-Global: Staffing
- VirtualForce: Application Development
- Microsoft: Azure credits
- McCarter & English: Startup Legal Advice
Terms & Conditions
For terms & conditions for startups participating in the competition, please click here to see details.