How to Maximize your InsurTech Spring Conference 2023
InsurTech Spring Conference 2023 will be the best InsurTech NY conference yet with over 800 registrations, 100+ speakers across fireside chat, 30+ panels and TED-Style talks, 30+ expo booths, and presentations by the 10 finalists of Global Early-stage Insurtech Competition.
As a lot is going on in this 2-day conference, here are a few ideas to maximize your conference experience.
(Note: If you still have not registered for the conference, you can still do so here)
What’s covered in this document
- Social and Sharing
Date: 3/29 Wed (Day 1) to 3/30 Thu (Day 2)
Start Time: On 3/29, registration starts at 9 AM, with content starting at 12 PM for the pre-event seminar and opening of the conference at 1 PM. Expo will open at 1:15 PM
Registration on the Day of [Important]: Please find the email with the ticket QR code from email@example.com. When you arrive, head to the Registration Desk and show your QR code. (Note: If you did not purchase your ticket, the original ticketholder must forward you the. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help)
Doors open at 9 AM and the conference starts at 1 PM. To avoid long lines and missing your first event, we recommend arriving early.
Hotel: Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, Hotel Chelsea, or Chelsea Savoy Hotel mainly based on proximity to the Conference Location. More on hotels here.
Conference Location: Pier 60 Chelsea Piers New York, NY
- Transportation: Closest subway stops are A, C, and E trains on 23rd and 8th ave or 1,2 Trains on 18th and 7th ave. There is also paid parking right next to the pier (see map). Otherwise, you can walk or take Uber/Taxi to the Conference.
- Directions to Conference: See below map for details
Map to Conference Location
“Competing on Collaboration” is our 2023 conference theme, exploring how insurance stakeholders can collaborate for a win-win partnership. A few important notes about the content:
Content: Look at the Agenda to see which sessions you want to attend.
- P&C: Property & Casualty-specific topics across distribution, underwriting, AI, and data, general collaboration topics, customer experience, and claims. All P&C topics will be in Hall 1
- L&H: Life & Health-specific topics across distribution, underwriting, AI, and data, general collaboration topics, customer experience, and claims. All L&H topics will be in Hall 2
- All: General topics that cover both P&C and L&H, which will be in both Halls 1 and 2. In particular, take note of keynotes: “Engaging with AI-Powered InsurTechs”, “President’s Panel”, “Competing on Collaboration” and “InsurTech and Regulator Collaboration Done Right”.
Competition: Startup Finalists of the 4th annual Global Early-stage InsurTech competition will present in Hall 1 on Day 2 (10:30 AM)
Pre-Event Seminars: Pre-event seminars will be provided 1 hour before the opening of the conference on Day 1 (12 PM), which include “Insurance Claims Benchmark Study” in Hall 1 and “Finding and Retaining Superstar Talent” in Hall 2.
An important part of our conference is meeting existing and future partners. Below are some ways to find and meet attendees:
Brella Networking App: Use the networking app to schedule meetings or meet separately before or after the events on 3/29 and 3/30. All registered attendees should have received an email from Brella (email@example.com) with your activation link for conference networking. If you have not, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some important items about Brella:
- Activate the Brella account. If you do not, you will not show up on the app, and people will not be able to reach out to you.
- Download the app on your phone: Apple Store link here and Android Play Store link here.
- Networking Table Assignment: When scheduling a meeting, you are automatically assigned to an open Networking table in the Networking Table section of the Expo (see map). There are 28 tables, but if we run out of tables, you can use the chat feature to meet somewhere else at the conference.
Visit Expo and Stamps Game: There are 33 booths/tables in the Expo hall area (see map). And for those interested in winning amazing prizes such as a 5-day dream vacation package ($2500 value), Bose Headphone NC700, or Apple Watch, visit and get stamps from any 25 of the 33 booths/tables, for a chance to win the prize. While visiting the booths, you can talk to them to see if there are ways you can partner with them!
Cocktail Hour: On Day 1 at 5:30 PM, we are hosting a cocktail hour for all attendees. You can expect amazing drinks, hors d’oeuvres, and surprise entertainment.
Serendipitous Networking: The best relationships often come from meeting random people and forming unexpected connections. Be open-minded and embrace spontaneous mingling.
Follow-up: None of the new relationships you created at the conference will last if you did not follow up after the conference. Follow up for a call to discuss details about potential ways you can work together.
4. Social and Sharing
Boast that you attended the InsurTech Spring Conference, the first US InsurTech conference of the conference season.
Hashtags: Take pictures and post them on LinkedIn and social media of your choice! #insurtechNY #insurtechspring @InsurTech NY